Norwich City midfielder moves to King’s Lynn on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
King’s Lynn have signed midfielder Alfie Payne from Norwich City.
The 19-year-old was a regular in the Canaries under 23s last season and has been with the Carrow Road club since the age of eight.
He arrives at the Walks on a season-long loan with the option of a recall to Carrow Road in January.
Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse said: "Alfie is another good talent and we're really grateful to Norwich City for loaning him to us.
"He gives us cover in midfielder and also down the left-hand side, where we are a little short on cover, and will compliment the group well.
You may also want to watch:
"He is a really technical player who is going to come to learn his trade with us. I know he is rated really highly at Norwich."
The Cringleford-born player signed his first professional contract with Norwich in June 2018 and signed a new one-year deal in February of this year.
- 1 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 4 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 5 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 10 Chris Goreham: A new experience providing coverage of Norwich City...
Payne was an unused sub for the Canaries in their 4-0 championship win at Sheffield Wednesday in November last year.
It is expected that the youngster will be in Ian Culverhouse's first squad of the season for the opening day National League North fixture at Guiseley on Saturday.
Payne's switch comes after another of Norwich's development talents, Rocky Bushiri, joined League One Blackpool on a season long loan on Thursday.
The Canaries plan to confirm two more loan exits in the next day or two of their youngsters.