Norwich City midfielder moves to King’s Lynn on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
King’s Lynn have signed midfielder Alfie Payne from Norwich City.
The 19-year-old was a regular in the Canaries under 23s last season and has been with the Carrow Road club since the age of eight.
He arrives at the Walks on a season-long loan with the option of a recall to Carrow Road in January.
Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse said: "Alfie is another good talent and we're really grateful to Norwich City for loaning him to us.
"He gives us cover in midfielder and also down the left-hand side, where we are a little short on cover, and will compliment the group well.
You may also want to watch:
"He is a really technical player who is going to come to learn his trade with us. I know he is rated really highly at Norwich."
The Cringleford-born player signed his first professional contract with Norwich in June 2018 and signed a new one-year deal in February of this year.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Payne was an unused sub for the Canaries in their 4-0 championship win at Sheffield Wednesday in November last year.
It is expected that the youngster will be in Ian Culverhouse's first squad of the season for the opening day National League North fixture at Guiseley on Saturday.
Payne's switch comes after another of Norwich's development talents, Rocky Bushiri, joined League One Blackpool on a season long loan on Thursday.
The Canaries plan to confirm two more loan exits in the next day or two of their youngsters.