King’s Lynn Town off top spot after first defeat of season
King’s Lynn Town surrendered top spot after slipping to their first defeat of the season, going down 2-0 at Royston.
Manager Ian Culverhouse kept faith with the side which beat Stratford on Saturday, but they were limited to one effort from Leon Mettam in the opening 45 minutes, the striker’s effort going across the faces of goal.
Lynn had a shout for a penalty in the early stages of the second half when full-back Cameron Norman went down in the area.
Michael Gash then went close when a free-kick was cleared out to the edge of the area and his effort was turned behind.
But on 73 minutes Lynn were behind when an error by goalkeeper Alex Street gifted Scott Bridges with the opening goal.
You may also want to watch:
Culverhouse made a double substitution, but within five minutes Royston were 2-0 up, as Adam Marriott fired across the keeper and into the bottom corner.
Lynn travel to Nuneaton in the FA Cup on Saturday.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe