Born: Hatfield (January 31, 1991)
Height: 5ft, 9in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 10st, 8lbs.
Date signed: June 22, 2008
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
Signed from: Academy
Contract: June 2010
City debut: v Sheff Wed H (April 4, 2009)
Season 2008/09 apps: 2 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 2 Goals: 0
Combative midfielder Korey Smith was handed a professional contract with the Canaries in the summer of 2008 just one year into his two-year Academy scholarship.
With a professional contract under his belt, the Hatfield-born youngster went from strength to strength in 2008-09 with a string of impressive performances at both youth and reserve team level resulting in two first team appearances.After training regularly with the first team he was handed his debut when he appeared as a substitute in the 1-0 home defeat against Sheffield Wednesday in April 2009.
Korey captained the youth team to the quarter-final of the FA Youth cup last season and will be looking to really make an impression on the first team scene in 2009-10.