Former Norwich City striker could be heading to Sunderland
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty could be set for a return to the English game.
Sunderland boss Phil Parkinson has confirmed his interest in signing the 32-year-old Northern Ireland international who is out of contract following his spell in Norway with Sarpsborg 08.
Lafferty is on a list of frontmen the Black Cats are considering to bolster their attacking options as they target promotion from League One.
Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of this weekend's home clash with leaders Wycombe, Parkinson said: "Kyle is one of a number of players we have been speaking about here as a staff. He's a free agent and he's on our list."
Lafferty was signed by Neil Adams in June 2014 but in three years made just 14 starts for City in all competitions, scoring four goals - two in the league and two in the League Cup. Lafferty was loaned out to Rizespor in Turkey and Birmingham City before he was released when his contract expired in the summer of 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Sunderland have also been linked with Burton's Liam Boyce, although the manager was giving little away on that front.
He said: "Obviously Liam is under contract at Burton, but he's a good player and has scored goals at this level. He is a good player, but it's difficult for me to speak about him as he is under contract."
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis