Lambert hoping for clean bill of health
Michael Bailey Paul Lambert has his fingers crossed a clutch of his injured players will come through training today to make Norwich City's clash with League One strugglers Tranmere.
Paul Lambert has his fingers crossed a clutch of his injured players will come through training today to make Norwich City's clash with League One strugglers Tranmere.
First team regulars Chris Martin, Gary Doherty, Wes Hoolahan, Darel Russell and Korey Smith all missed the Johnstone's Paint Trophy area quarter-final win at Swindon on Tuesday night with knocks, while Adam Drury's knee kept him out of midweek contention.
However, Drury returned to training yesterday and he - along with the other injured quintet - are likely to feature against the League One strugglers at Carrow Road tomorrow (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Right-back Jon Otsemobor is also set to return to league action after coming through unscathed against the Robins but midfielder Owain Tudur Jones is definitely out with a groin strain, while Michael Spillane (hamstring) remains sidelined.
Lambert said at Colney this morning: “Hopefully there'll be one or two back from the other night, you're hoping.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 6 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 7 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 8 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 9 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption
“I think as long as they come through today then we can judge from there. If they break down today then they won't be there, but if they can get through today then hopefully they'll be available.”