Lambert - Little and large made big contributions
Fraser Forster and Wes Hoolahan are the little and large of Paul Lambert's side, but their contributions were equally valuable on Saturday. Forster's reactions were spot on as he kept out Jordan Rhodes' bullet header early in the game as Huddersfield took control.
Fraser Forster and Wes Hoolahan are the little and large of Paul Lambert's side, but their contributions were equally valuable on Saturday.
Forster's reactions were spot on as he kept out Jordan Rhodes' bullet header early in the game as Huddersfield took control.
City weathered the storm and set the stage for the diminutive Hoolahan to take control, scoring the first, making the second and generally running the show.
"I think once his goal went in his game came on ten-fold," said Lambert.
You may also want to watch:
"Simon Lappin deserves a great bit of credit for winning the tackle and then Wes has still got an awful long way to go and then to get the end product was brilliant, and after that I thought we were excellent."
It might have been a different result had it not been for Forster's save with the score still level.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
"I think he is going to be an absolutely brilliant goalkeeper as he gets older," said Lambert of the on-loan Newcastle stopper.
"But Fraser's job is to keep the ball out of the net. We make no apologies for it. He has been outstanding since he came to this football club, he has been terrific since he's been here.
"His job is to save it and we had to ride the storm because they're a really good side."