Lambert - Little and large made big contributions
Fraser Forster and Wes Hoolahan are the little and large of Paul Lambert's side, but their contributions were equally valuable on Saturday. Forster's reactions were spot on as he kept out Jordan Rhodes' bullet header early in the game as Huddersfield took control.
Fraser Forster and Wes Hoolahan are the little and large of Paul Lambert's side, but their contributions were equally valuable on Saturday.
Forster's reactions were spot on as he kept out Jordan Rhodes' bullet header early in the game as Huddersfield took control.
City weathered the storm and set the stage for the diminutive Hoolahan to take control, scoring the first, making the second and generally running the show.
"I think once his goal went in his game came on ten-fold," said Lambert.
You may also want to watch:
"Simon Lappin deserves a great bit of credit for winning the tackle and then Wes has still got an awful long way to go and then to get the end product was brilliant, and after that I thought we were excellent."
It might have been a different result had it not been for Forster's save with the score still level.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
"I think he is going to be an absolutely brilliant goalkeeper as he gets older," said Lambert of the on-loan Newcastle stopper.
"But Fraser's job is to keep the ball out of the net. We make no apologies for it. He has been outstanding since he came to this football club, he has been terrific since he's been here.
"His job is to save it and we had to ride the storm because they're a really good side."