Lambert - Little and large made big contributions
Fraser Forster and Wes Hoolahan are the little and large of Paul Lambert's side, but their contributions were equally valuable on Saturday. Forster's reactions were spot on as he kept out Jordan Rhodes' bullet header early in the game as Huddersfield took control.
Fraser Forster and Wes Hoolahan are the little and large of Paul Lambert's side, but their contributions were equally valuable on Saturday.
Forster's reactions were spot on as he kept out Jordan Rhodes' bullet header early in the game as Huddersfield took control.
City weathered the storm and set the stage for the diminutive Hoolahan to take control, scoring the first, making the second and generally running the show.
"I think once his goal went in his game came on ten-fold," said Lambert.
"Simon Lappin deserves a great bit of credit for winning the tackle and then Wes has still got an awful long way to go and then to get the end product was brilliant, and after that I thought we were excellent."
It might have been a different result had it not been for Forster's save with the score still level.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 3 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 4 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 5 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 6 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 7 City more together than some think - Webber
- 8 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
- 9 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 10 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
"I think he is going to be an absolutely brilliant goalkeeper as he gets older," said Lambert of the on-loan Newcastle stopper.
"But Fraser's job is to keep the ball out of the net. We make no apologies for it. He has been outstanding since he came to this football club, he has been terrific since he's been here.
"His job is to save it and we had to ride the storm because they're a really good side."