Lanti hits five for Dereham
Dereham Wanderers U13 Girls played host to Thorpe Rovers on a wet and wild Saturday morning and won 10-0. It was one of those days that proved the why a larger squad of players is so valuable as three Dereham players were unavailable for selection.
Dereham Wanderers U13 Girls played host to Thorpe Rovers on a wet and wild Saturday morning and won 10-0.
It was one of those days that proved the why a larger squad of players is so valuable as three Dereham players were unavailable for selection.
The players who were available however dished up a real treat for their manager and supporters with a devastating display of powerful, skilful attacking football.
Bea continued her good goal-scoring run with another headed goal after about 10 minutes, shortly after this Lanti doubled the lead with a powerful long-range effort that gave the keeper no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Chelsea decided that she also wanted in on the action and when given the ball of the left corner of the area, she picked her spot and planted an absolute beauty, side-footed shot into the net to give Dereham a 3-0 lead, by this time they were completely dominant.
Bea had further chances to increase the lead but was unlucky as shots either slid just wide or the keeper made the save. It was Avalon who increased the lead with her first goal for the team and it as a yet another neat finish, Lanti grabbed her second and Dereham's fifth to make it 5-0 at half time.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
Thorpe had the occasional chance breaking quickly when Dereham did lose the ball but found Sarah, Becka and Ellen all in good form while Chantelle was commanding her area and collecting most through balls, Georgy was also playing well in the centre midfield and was making some very good runs as she was showing great awareness of play around her and getting back to cover defender s when necessary.
Chelsea opened the scoring in the second by adding goal number six and was really enjoying her new midfield role. Lanti completed her hat-trick shortly afterwards before getting another with her head to make it 8-0.
Chelsea had a couple of great chances to get her hat trick but the keeper was equal to the task but she had done more than enough to earn the managers player of the week award, just ahead of Lanti who had put in an exceptional display and led the team well as captain for the day
Avalon got in on the scoring again and Lanti rounded things off with her fifth and Dereham's tenth.
In fairness, the 10-0 scoreline could have been much worse for Thorpe and they had to thank their keeper for some good saves.