Lappin could face wages dilemma
Simon Lappin may have to take a big drop in wages if he is to resurrect his career at Motherwell.The out-of-favour Canaries midfielder has been told by manager Glenn Roeder that he has no future at Carrow Road and is free to leave - at a price.
Simon Lappin may have to take a big drop in wages if he is to resurrect his career at Motherwell.
The out-of-favour Canaries midfielder has been told by manager Glenn Roeder that he has no future at Carrow Road and is free to leave - at a price.
Motherwell boss Mark McGhee, who took Lappin on loan for the second half of last season, is keen to make a deal permanent, but says money is a stumbling block.
“We had Simon on loan last season and it's not impossible he will come here,” said McGhee. “But Norwich have said they won't let him go for nothing. There will be a fee. But the wages he is on in England are way above what we can afford. That could be a difficult deal to pull off.”
You may also want to watch:
The 25-year-old has a year left on his contract, having joined City from St Mirren in January 2007 for a fee of around £100,000.
He was a victim of Roeder's first Carrow Road purge at the end of last year, and although he says he want to prove his manager wrong, he is faces competition in a squad well blessed with left-sided players.
- 1 Delight for Buendia after Argentina call-up
- 2 'I'd like to think Norwich have their eyes on somebody' - Ashton on striker hunt
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- 4 WATCH: In-form City loanee Drmic scores a cracker
- 5 'He's not an ego' - Delia on the man she worships at Norwich City
- 6 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 7 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020
- 8 City Q&A - Paddy answered your questions
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Why Delia and Michael believe Norwich City can 'change the face of football'