Late goals end bad run for Magpies
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night. The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night.
The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
And Stuart Williams sealed their success from a free-kick by Danny Beaumont ten minutes from time.
In Division One two goals from Paul Lambert gave Gorleston a 2-1 home victory over Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
But there were no goals this time from the usually free scoring Diss Town as they were held at home by Team Bury.
Defences were very much on top with Matty Hill in the Diss goal making two superb second-half saves, and fine defending from Johnny Miller at the centre of the Bury defence counteracting any meaningful attacks.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
However, Diss had a great chance to win the match three minutes into added time when top scorer Xavier Huckle was brought down as he burst into the penalty area down the left-hand side.
Mark Shadrack took the penalty, but his well-struck shot rattled against the crossbar.