Late goals end bad run for Magpies
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night. The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night.
The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
And Stuart Williams sealed their success from a free-kick by Danny Beaumont ten minutes from time.
In Division One two goals from Paul Lambert gave Gorleston a 2-1 home victory over Stowmarket.
But there were no goals this time from the usually free scoring Diss Town as they were held at home by Team Bury.
Defences were very much on top with Matty Hill in the Diss goal making two superb second-half saves, and fine defending from Johnny Miller at the centre of the Bury defence counteracting any meaningful attacks.
- 1 WOLVES 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 2 Robin Sainty: The current situation at Norwich City is toxic
- 3 'It's something' - Fans react to City's point at Wolves
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Wolves 1-1 Norwich City
- 5 Spud Thornhill: Let's make sure we're Norwich City united!
- 6 Former City star's wife tells of player's devastating dementia battle
- 7 Follow live updates from Wolves v Norwich City
- 8 Ex-Canary Whittaker excited for Fleetwood assistant role
- 9 City boss in the market for another 'Buendia-style' creative spark
- 10 STARTING XIs: Normann returns for City's Wolves visit
However, Diss had a great chance to win the match three minutes into added time when top scorer Xavier Huckle was brought down as he burst into the penalty area down the left-hand side.
Mark Shadrack took the penalty, but his well-struck shot rattled against the crossbar.