Late goals end bad run for Magpies
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night. The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night.
The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
And Stuart Williams sealed their success from a free-kick by Danny Beaumont ten minutes from time.
In Division One two goals from Paul Lambert gave Gorleston a 2-1 home victory over Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
But there were no goals this time from the usually free scoring Diss Town as they were held at home by Team Bury.
Defences were very much on top with Matty Hill in the Diss goal making two superb second-half saves, and fine defending from Johnny Miller at the centre of the Bury defence counteracting any meaningful attacks.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
However, Diss had a great chance to win the match three minutes into added time when top scorer Xavier Huckle was brought down as he burst into the penalty area down the left-hand side.
Mark Shadrack took the penalty, but his well-struck shot rattled against the crossbar.