Late goals end bad run for Magpies
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night. The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
Dereham Town left it until the last 20 minutes to end their losing run with a 2-0 Ridgeons League Premier Division win at Wisbech Town last night.
The Magpies went ahead when Robbie Harris outpaced the home defence to deliver a neat finish.
And Stuart Williams sealed their success from a free-kick by Danny Beaumont ten minutes from time.
In Division One two goals from Paul Lambert gave Gorleston a 2-1 home victory over Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
But there were no goals this time from the usually free scoring Diss Town as they were held at home by Team Bury.
Defences were very much on top with Matty Hill in the Diss goal making two superb second-half saves, and fine defending from Johnny Miller at the centre of the Bury defence counteracting any meaningful attacks.
- 1 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 3 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 4 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 5 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 6 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 7 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 8 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 10 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
However, Diss had a great chance to win the match three minutes into added time when top scorer Xavier Huckle was brought down as he burst into the penalty area down the left-hand side.
Mark Shadrack took the penalty, but his well-struck shot rattled against the crossbar.