Leaders Morley Village put five past second placed Yaxham
First Division leaders Morley Village took on second placed Yaxham and recorded an emphatic 5-2 home win.
As a result, Yaxham slip down to fifth place. Tacolneston are up to second after their 6-0 home win over bottom team Narborough and Rockland United are third after proving too strong for Northwold S&SC to run out 6-0 winners. Dereham Town A are fourth following their 6-3 success over Thetford Rovers Reserves. The other two matches ended as 3-3 draws. Gressenhall secured their first draw of the season in holding Bridgham United while Swaffham Town A and North Elmham shared the spoils from the same scoreline.
There were no matches in Division Two as all the teams in action were involved in the second round of the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup. Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves ran up the highest score of the round with their 9-0 win at Cockers but were hard pressed by Rampant Horse who ran out 8-1 home winners over Bawdeswell. Tugas United beat Sporle by the odd goal of three while West End beat the Divisional leaders Scarning United 3-0.
There was a depleted programme in Divisions Three and Four as most teams were on League Cup duty. In Division Three, Watton United A won 7-1 at Methwold United to move up to second place. Litcham were 6-1 home winners over Great Cressingham and Rockland United Reserves made it a very good day for the club by winning 3-1 at Narborough Reserves and thereby moving off bottom place.
There were two games in Division Four. Walsingham United beat bottom team Methwold United Reserves 13-1 to retain second place and Feltwell United Reserves are up to fifth after winning 8-0 at home to Shipdham Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
There were also a couple of big wins in the second round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup. Weeting were 13-1 winners over Northwold S&SC Reserves while Hingham Athletic Reserves will be pleased with their 8-1 home win over Wendling. Marham Wanderers beat Gressenhall Reserves 3-1 while Stoke Ferry won 3-0 at Mulbarton Wanderers A. The other two ties ended with 3-2 results. Weasenham Wanderers edged out Colkirk and Attleborough Athletic did likewise to Yaxham Reserves.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work