League Cup quarter final day in North East Norfolk League
It was League Cup quarter final day in the Norwich Premier Security NEN League and in the Smallburgh Crown Division One, holders Coltishall entertained Gimingham, running out 5-2 victors thanks to a brace from Daniel Mace and one apiece from Ben Woodcock, Joe Woodcock and Jacob Bradbury whilst Charlie Skipper and Wayne Cutting netted for the visitors.
Colts will now visit North Walsham ‘A’, who for their part, took on Corpusty and came out odd goal winners in a seven goal thriller. The other semi-final will be between East Ruston, who overcame a spirited Aldborough Lions who came from 3-1 down to force extra time only to concede the winner deep in extra time, and Runton who claimed the remaining semi-final place in another seven goal tie at Worstead. The visitors led at one stage 4-1 before the home side hit back twice but it will be Runton who travel to meet East Ruston in the semis.
Three late goals by Mundesley at home to Erpingham secured them a semi-final place in the Rivett Motors Division Two League Cup and their reward is another home tie against Cawston who saw off Blakeney by a 5-3 margin. Holt ‘A’ scored a 1-0 victory over Aylsham ‘A’ and they will now meet Cromer Youth Old Boys who were 4-1 home winners over Corpusty Reserves.
In the Slater & Frith Division One Haisboro Athletic and Horning shared the spoils and points in a 2-2 draw with Tom Crabb scoring both for the home side and Richard Mileham doing likewise for the visitors.
Hickling hit double figures at Aldborough Lions Reserves in the only Wayford Nurseries Division Two game and Trunch were 3-1 winners at Coltishall Reserves in the Knights Trophies Div Three.
You may also want to watch:
In the Walcott Lighthouse League Cup there were wins for Felmingham 8-0 at home over Erpingham Reserves and Plumstead Rangers 3-1 away at Mundesley Reserves.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City