League leaders to face Swifts in cup final
Castle Acre Swifts and Dereham Town A will contest the final of the Birds Sport and Outdoor Benevolent Cup this season.
Castle Acre Swifts beat Yaxham 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 draw while Dereham Town A ran out 4-1 home winners over Thetford Rovers Reserves.
In Division One, Northwold S&SC closed the gap on the three leaders with a 4-0 home win over Shropham United. Shipdham won by the odd goal of three at Rockland United and Gressenhall and Morley Village ended all square with a 2-2 draw.
The Division Two leaders Sporle were held to a 4-4 draw by Breckland Wanderers, a result which enabled North Elmham to close the gap at the top to just two points after their 4-2 home win over bottom team Cockers. Thurton & Ashby remain fourth after winning 7-3 at Hethersett Athletic and Methwold Rovers ran out 4-1 winners at Necton.
Rampant Horse move up to third in Division Three as a result of a 3-1 home win over Diss Town A and Mattishall A beating Splitz United by the only goal of the game. Stoke Ferry beat Hingham Athletic Reserves 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Colkirk secured their first ;eague win of the season, beating bottom team Narborough Reserves 8-2 and Wendling did likewise with a 4-0 home success over Great Cressingham.
Division Four leaders North Elmham Reserves dropped two points in being held to a 1-1 draw at Yaxham Reserves and allowed Litcham to join them on 16 points after their 5-0 win at Shipdham Reserves.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
Tacolneston Reserves enjoyed an emphatic 8-0 home win over Methwold United, Dereham Cockers United won again, this time beating Weasenham Wanderers 6-3 and Beetley United and Walsingham United shared the spoils from a 2-2 draw.
In the second round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, Scarning United ran up the biggest score in their 6-0 home win over Rockland United Reserves. Bawdeswell beat Watton United A by the only goal of the game and Tugas United beat Castle Acre Swifts Reserves 2-0.
The other two matches ended as away wins. Saham Toney Reserves won 3-1 at Methwold Rovers Reserves while West End beat Shropham United Reserves by the odd goal of seven.
Bridgham United were the only team from the league to progress in the Norfolk Junior Cup with a 4-3 home win over Newton Flotman after extra time.