League wrap up another season
The Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League season came to an end on Saturday with the final matches.
League champions Bridgham United travelled to Gressenhall and went down to a 3-0 defeat, a result which ensured Gressenhall take fourth place in Division One.
Morley Village beat Castle Acre Swifts by the odd goal of in Division Two to pip Shropham United to third place by one point. In the other match, Nostro and Hethersett Athletic shared the spoils from a 4-4 draw.
In Division Three, runners-up North Elmham were beaten 4-3 at Methwold Rovers but Methwold were denied a third place finish by Breckland Wanderers taking a point from their 1-1 home draw with Marham Wanderers. In the other match, Bawdeswell beat Stoke Ferry 6-4.
In the final match in Division Four, champions Diss Town A beat Tugas United by the odd goal of three to give them yet another league record. Their 73 points for the season breaks the record for the highest number of points in a season which had been previously been held by Yaxham since season 1998/99.
The league’s honours board for the season is as follows;
Division One: Champions Bridgham United, runners-up Thetford Rovers Res, relegated Cockers and Cranworth.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in West Brom's Kipre
- 2 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 3 Teemu Pukki named as Norwich City Player of the Season
- 4 Penalty shoot out pain for City U23s in play-off exit at Wolves
- 5 Chris Sutton: Pukki is a Norwich legend... Now they must keep him
- 6 Terri Westgate: Don''t be fooled by stats that paint this season as progress
- 7 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 8 City old boy Rhodes eyes Premier League promotion
- 9 Mumba raring to go after Peterborough loan struggles
- 10 Pink Un+ - be part of our first live event in Norwich!
Division Two: Champions Feltwell United, runners-up Northwold S&SC, relegated Hingham Ath Res and West End.
Division Three: Champions Thurton and Ashby, runners-up North Elmham, relegated Rockland United Reserves and Shipdham Reserves.
Division Four: Champions Diss Town A, runners-up Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves, applying for re-election Dereham Cockers United and Shropham United Reserves.
Ben Smith Memorial Cup: Dereham Town A, runners-up Yaxham.
Sound & Vision Junior League Cup: Thetford Rovers Reserves, runners-up Dereham Town A.
Chequered Flag Primary League Cup: Castle Acre Swifts, runners-up Hethersett Athletic.Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup: Diss Town A, runners-up Marham Wanderers.
Birds Sports & Outdoor Benevolent Cup: Bridgham United, runners-up Morley Village.
Dick Davey Ambulance Cup: Diss Town A, runners-up Stoke Ferry.
Fen Regis Invitation Shield: Necton, runners-up Rockland United.
Preparations are already under way for next season with five applications from new clubs having been received. Any further applications must be in the hands of the league secretary as soon as possible.
The annual meeting takes place at Wymondham Central Hall on Monday, June 13.
The new season will get under way proper on August 20 with the traditional start of the First Round of the Bird Sports & Outdoor Benevolent Cup.