League wrap up another season
The Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League season came to an end on Saturday with the final matches.
League champions Bridgham United travelled to Gressenhall and went down to a 3-0 defeat, a result which ensured Gressenhall take fourth place in Division One.
Morley Village beat Castle Acre Swifts by the odd goal of in Division Two to pip Shropham United to third place by one point. In the other match, Nostro and Hethersett Athletic shared the spoils from a 4-4 draw.
In Division Three, runners-up North Elmham were beaten 4-3 at Methwold Rovers but Methwold were denied a third place finish by Breckland Wanderers taking a point from their 1-1 home draw with Marham Wanderers. In the other match, Bawdeswell beat Stoke Ferry 6-4.
In the final match in Division Four, champions Diss Town A beat Tugas United by the odd goal of three to give them yet another league record. Their 73 points for the season breaks the record for the highest number of points in a season which had been previously been held by Yaxham since season 1998/99.
You may also want to watch:
The league’s honours board for the season is as follows;
Division One: Champions Bridgham United, runners-up Thetford Rovers Res, relegated Cockers and Cranworth.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
Division Two: Champions Feltwell United, runners-up Northwold S&SC, relegated Hingham Ath Res and West End.
Division Three: Champions Thurton and Ashby, runners-up North Elmham, relegated Rockland United Reserves and Shipdham Reserves.
Division Four: Champions Diss Town A, runners-up Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves, applying for re-election Dereham Cockers United and Shropham United Reserves.
Ben Smith Memorial Cup: Dereham Town A, runners-up Yaxham.
Sound & Vision Junior League Cup: Thetford Rovers Reserves, runners-up Dereham Town A.
Chequered Flag Primary League Cup: Castle Acre Swifts, runners-up Hethersett Athletic.Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup: Diss Town A, runners-up Marham Wanderers.
Birds Sports & Outdoor Benevolent Cup: Bridgham United, runners-up Morley Village.
Dick Davey Ambulance Cup: Diss Town A, runners-up Stoke Ferry.
Fen Regis Invitation Shield: Necton, runners-up Rockland United.
Preparations are already under way for next season with five applications from new clubs having been received. Any further applications must be in the hands of the league secretary as soon as possible.
The annual meeting takes place at Wymondham Central Hall on Monday, June 13.
The new season will get under way proper on August 20 with the traditional start of the First Round of the Bird Sports & Outdoor Benevolent Cup.