Jarvis saw Patrick Bamford’s quality during brief Norwich loan spell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Patrick Bamford endured a troubling loan spell at Norwich City but former Canaries winger Matt Jarvis believes his problems in Norfolk stemmed from a lack of confidence rather than ability.
Bamford made his Premier League debut for City during a brief loan spell in 2016 where he made seven appearances for the club without finding the back of the net.
The striker has made a brilliant start to life in the top-flight, silencing numerous doubters in the process. Bamford has scored six goals in as many games for Marcelo Bielsa’s men, with Tottenham Hotspur’s Son Heung-Min and Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin ahead of him.
Jarvis played alongside the Leeds forward during his spell in Norfolk, and isn’t surprised by the way the former City man has raced out of the blocks this season.
“I played with Pat at Norwich and you could always tell he’s got a fantastic ability to score goals. His left foot is fantastic, he’s a good size, he’s good in the air, he can finish with his right foot.
You may also want to watch:
“When he was at Norwich, it was confidence for him and I think you can see now, he’s playing week in, week out and the manager backs him,” he told BBC Radio Five Live.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 3 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 4 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 6 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 7 Skipp is making his mark at City
- 8 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 9 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 10 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list