Jarvis saw Patrick Bamford’s quality during brief Norwich loan spell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Patrick Bamford endured a troubling loan spell at Norwich City but former Canaries winger Matt Jarvis believes his problems in Norfolk stemmed from a lack of confidence rather than ability.
Bamford made his Premier League debut for City during a brief loan spell in 2016 where he made seven appearances for the club without finding the back of the net.
The striker has made a brilliant start to life in the top-flight, silencing numerous doubters in the process. Bamford has scored six goals in as many games for Marcelo Bielsa’s men, with Tottenham Hotspur’s Son Heung-Min and Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin ahead of him.
Jarvis played alongside the Leeds forward during his spell in Norfolk, and isn’t surprised by the way the former City man has raced out of the blocks this season.
“I played with Pat at Norwich and you could always tell he’s got a fantastic ability to score goals. His left foot is fantastic, he’s a good size, he’s good in the air, he can finish with his right foot.
You may also want to watch:
“When he was at Norwich, it was confidence for him and I think you can see now, he’s playing week in, week out and the manager backs him,” he told BBC Radio Five Live.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City