Jarvis saw Patrick Bamford’s quality during brief Norwich loan spell
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Patrick Bamford endured a troubling loan spell at Norwich City but former Canaries winger Matt Jarvis believes his problems in Norfolk stemmed from a lack of confidence rather than ability.
Bamford made his Premier League debut for City during a brief loan spell in 2016 where he made seven appearances for the club without finding the back of the net.
The striker has made a brilliant start to life in the top-flight, silencing numerous doubters in the process. Bamford has scored six goals in as many games for Marcelo Bielsa’s men, with Tottenham Hotspur’s Son Heung-Min and Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin ahead of him.
Jarvis played alongside the Leeds forward during his spell in Norfolk, and isn’t surprised by the way the former City man has raced out of the blocks this season.
“I played with Pat at Norwich and you could always tell he’s got a fantastic ability to score goals. His left foot is fantastic, he’s a good size, he’s good in the air, he can finish with his right foot.
You may also want to watch:
“When he was at Norwich, it was confidence for him and I think you can see now, he’s playing week in, week out and the manager backs him,” he told BBC Radio Five Live.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City