‘So proud of the boys!’ - City fans impressed following 1-1 draw with Leicester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have taken to social media to praise their team after a gutsy performance saw the Canaries gain a point at the King Power stadium.
The result means City have gained five points from a possible 15 from their last five games, but remain 19th in the table, closing the gap to those above them to three points.
Teemu Pukki gave City the lead after 26 minutes after latching onto a perfectly weighted through-ball by playmaker Emi Buendia. Pukki finished calmly to score his 9th goal of the season.
The Foxes equalised soon after, with ex-City midfielder James Maddison whipping in a fierce corner that was headed goalwards by Jamie Vardy. Tim Krul could only parry the effort into his own net as the Foxes levelled proceedings on 39 minutes.
City's adept defensive shape prevented the hosts attacking protagonists from supplying Vardy, who remained a constant threat throughout.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this game, the Foxes had won their last eight in the league as they seek to catch Liverpool at the top of the Premier League table.
Next up for City is Wolves at Carrow Road, with a need for consistency evident after an impressive performance.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- Read the thoughts of City's supporters above and below