‘So proud of the boys!’ - City fans impressed following 1-1 draw with Leicester City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have taken to social media to praise their team after a gutsy performance saw the Canaries gain a point at the King Power stadium.
The result means City have gained five points from a possible 15 from their last five games, but remain 19th in the table, closing the gap to those above them to three points.
Teemu Pukki gave City the lead after 26 minutes after latching onto a perfectly weighted through-ball by playmaker Emi Buendia. Pukki finished calmly to score his 9th goal of the season.
The Foxes equalised soon after, with ex-City midfielder James Maddison whipping in a fierce corner that was headed goalwards by Jamie Vardy. Tim Krul could only parry the effort into his own net as the Foxes levelled proceedings on 39 minutes.
City's adept defensive shape prevented the hosts attacking protagonists from supplying Vardy, who remained a constant threat throughout.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this game, the Foxes had won their last eight in the league as they seek to catch Liverpool at the top of the Premier League table.
Next up for City is Wolves at Carrow Road, with a need for consistency evident after an impressive performance.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
- Read the thoughts of City's supporters above and below