Leicester may bid for Clingan
Leicester City were today reported to be considering a bid for Norwich City midfielder Sammy Clingan.The Northern Ireland international's proposed move to Coventry failed to go through after manager Chris Coleman accused the player's agent of scuppering the deal.
Leicester City were today reported to be considering a bid for Norwich City midfielder Sammy Clingan.
The Northern Ireland international's proposed move to Coventry failed to go through after manager Chris Coleman accused the player's agent of scuppering the deal.
Although the Sky Blues are believed to have given Clingan until tomorrow to sort things out with his agent, newly-promoted Leicester are poised with a �750,000 bid, a national newspaper claims.
Clingan has not been included in City manager Bryan Gunn's squad for the pre-season tour to Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Coleman appeared to pull the plug on the transfer at the weekend when he said it was “dead in the water”. Coventry were close to signing the 25-year-old on Friday until his representative stepped in and demanded a fee.
Clingan has a year left of his contract with the Canaries after joining them from Nottingham Forest on a free transfer last summer.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto