Leicester may bid for Clingan
Leicester City were today reported to be considering a bid for Norwich City midfielder Sammy Clingan.The Northern Ireland international's proposed move to Coventry failed to go through after manager Chris Coleman accused the player's agent of scuppering the deal.
Leicester City were today reported to be considering a bid for Norwich City midfielder Sammy Clingan.
The Northern Ireland international's proposed move to Coventry failed to go through after manager Chris Coleman accused the player's agent of scuppering the deal.
Although the Sky Blues are believed to have given Clingan until tomorrow to sort things out with his agent, newly-promoted Leicester are poised with a �750,000 bid, a national newspaper claims.
Clingan has not been included in City manager Bryan Gunn's squad for the pre-season tour to Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Coleman appeared to pull the plug on the transfer at the weekend when he said it was “dead in the water”. Coventry were close to signing the 25-year-old on Friday until his representative stepped in and demanded a fee.
Clingan has a year left of his contract with the Canaries after joining them from Nottingham Forest on a free transfer last summer.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit