Leijer arrives, Omozusi departs
David Cuffley Fulham's Australian international defender Adrian Leijer has become Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn's fifth signing in as many days after arriving on loan until the end of the season - with Elliott Omozusi going back in the opposite direction.
Fulham's Australian international defender Adrian Leijer has become Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn's fifth signing in as many days after arriving on loan until the end of the season - with Elliott Omozusi going back in the opposite direction.
Omozusi's season-long loan deal has ended early and the player has returned to Craven Cottage.
Leijer is the fourth loan signing, joining fellow Aussie David Carney, New Zealander Chris Killen and Scot Alan Gow, while Gunn has also captured striker Cody McDonald from non-league Dartford.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old Leijer joined Fulham in August 2007 but has yet to break through to Roy Hodgson's first team.
He began his career with Melbourne Knights before finding success with Melbourne Victory. A permanent fixture for Australia at both under-20 and under-23 levels, he has since been capped at full international level, against Singapore in March last year.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
- 2 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 3 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 4 Exiled City duo feature in stunning U23 friendly comeback
- 5 'A lot of potential there' - City defender on trial at Coventry
- 6 City confirm midfielder exit
- 7 'He is going to be a top, top player'- City star on Gilmour
- 8 Fans set for Carrow Road return in Gillingham friendly
- 9 Fans could need both jabs to attend Premier League matches under new plans
- 10 Farke savours Lees-Melou masterclass
“Adrian is someone who Ian Crook has worked with during Adrian's time with Australia under-20s,” Gunn told City's official website.
“I have seen him playing for Fulham reserves and together with David Carney he will provide us with extra cover - I am delighted to have him on board for the remainder of the season.”
Omozusi made 24 appearances for City this season but has not figured since Gunn took over from Glenn Roeder.
Said Gunn: “Elliott has not featured in any of my three squads in recent weeks. The opportunity has come for him to go back to Fulham and we wish him well in his future career.”