Leijer arrives, Omozusi departs
David Cuffley Fulham's Australian international defender Adrian Leijer has become Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn's fifth signing in as many days after arriving on loan until the end of the season - with Elliott Omozusi going back in the opposite direction.
Fulham's Australian international defender Adrian Leijer has become Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn's fifth signing in as many days after arriving on loan until the end of the season - with Elliott Omozusi going back in the opposite direction.
Omozusi's season-long loan deal has ended early and the player has returned to Craven Cottage.
Leijer is the fourth loan signing, joining fellow Aussie David Carney, New Zealander Chris Killen and Scot Alan Gow, while Gunn has also captured striker Cody McDonald from non-league Dartford.
The 22-year-old Leijer joined Fulham in August 2007 but has yet to break through to Roy Hodgson's first team.
He began his career with Melbourne Knights before finding success with Melbourne Victory. A permanent fixture for Australia at both under-20 and under-23 levels, he has since been capped at full international level, against Singapore in March last year.
- 1 Ex-Norwich City striker set for 10-match ban
- 2 'I tried to have a little go': Delia Smith on Truss's Carrow Road visits
- 3 Smith takeaways: City boss on Hayden setback; Gibbs boost; international crew and a mad October
- 4 City coach Bramley on Premier League, playing principles and strategy
- 5 Bullish Smith puts City rivals on notice
- 6 PRESSER: Blackpool v Norwich City - Key duo fit for duty; Hayden setback
- 7 'A front line to be jealous about' - Appleton's verdict on Norwich City
- 8 Will Jennings: Don't be fooled; fans still care about their beloved Norwich City
- 9 Smith's 'pride' at Canaries' reset
- 10 Ex-Norwich City midfielder confirmed as Huddersfield boss
“Adrian is someone who Ian Crook has worked with during Adrian's time with Australia under-20s,” Gunn told City's official website.
“I have seen him playing for Fulham reserves and together with David Carney he will provide us with extra cover - I am delighted to have him on board for the remainder of the season.”
Omozusi made 24 appearances for City this season but has not figured since Gunn took over from Glenn Roeder.
Said Gunn: “Elliott has not featured in any of my three squads in recent weeks. The opportunity has come for him to go back to Fulham and we wish him well in his future career.”