Norwich City transfer rumour: Jamal Lewis a summer target for Crystal Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The January transfer window may have closed on Friday, but reports linking Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis with a move to Crystal Palace persist.
The Northern Irish international was the subject of intense speculation throughout the January window, with a report by Football Insider even claiming he was in 'advanced talks' with the Eagles.
Those claims are believed to be wide of the mark, but the Sun's transfer expert Alan Nixon is claiming Lewis remains a summer target for Roy Hodgson's men.
City were reportedly unwilling to depart with any of their young talent as they continue to battle against the drop, with the report suggesting Palace made several inquiries for the 22-year-old.
Current left-back Patrick van Aanholt's future remains in doubt, with long-term interest from PSV providing an attractive option for the Dutchman.
You may also want to watch:
Van Aanholt's current contract expires in 2021 and Palace could even look to recruit Lewis for extra competition in their squad.
City's Luton-born defender has made 15 appearances for the Canaries this season but has recently found himself on the periphery of Daniel Farke's squad due to the positive form of Sam Byram.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
His last Premier League start arrived against Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur in December and Lewis has been an unused substitute in City's last three matches.
Lewis was an unused substitute in the New Year's Day fixture between the sides, but did feature in City's 2-0 defeat at Selhurst Park back in September.
Angers left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri is also on the Eagles list of targets as ex-England boss Hodgson looks to bolster his squad for next season.
Palace are winless in their last five matches, but remain in mid-table on 30 points.
Despite Hodgson's search for defensive reinforcements, Palace have struggled for goals and have scored the least amount of goals in the Premier League.