Leyton Orient boss Steve Davis frustrated with limited availability of Norwich City loanee Tristan Abrahams
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient are unhappy with the way the loan of striker Tristan Abrahams from Norwich City has started this season.
The 18-year-old joined Norwich shortly before the start of the campaign in a deal reportedly worth up to £250,000 and was immediately loaned back to Orient for the season.
Abrahams has not been in any of the National League side’s matchday squads yet though, as he trains with the Canaries’ under-23 squad, playing in two Premier League Two fixtures last week – completing the full match in a 2-1 home defeat to Brighton at Colney on Monday and a 4-0 defeat at Middlesbrough last Friday.
Orient head coach Steve Davis has not been impressed, telling the East London & West Essex Guardian: “He’s not had a lot of game time and he’s been able to get that there. I’m not sure how that’s going to develop because he’s going to be training there.
“That’s one for us to sit down and think long and hard about, as to whether that’s the right direction for both him and the football club.”
The former Crewe boss intends to discuss the youngster’s future with Orient’s director of football Martin Ling ahead of Saturday’s home game against Eastleigh, although City’s U23s are in action on Friday again, taking on Stoke at Carrow Road (7pm).
You may also want to watch:
Abrahams scored two goals in nine games for the O’s last season, as he was given chances to impress as the club slipped towards relegation from the Football League.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson