Life as a Norwich City fan in Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
After the disappointment of relegation, I can honestly say that I am really enjoying life back in the Championship.
With two wins and a draw and second in the table, it is not a bad start to the season. It has been reassuring to hear that players like Hoolahan, Klose and Pinto are pumped up and ready for the hard work to get us back into the Premier League - and it shows on the pitch.
With Derby day fast approaching, we need these players to be performing at the top of their game. Form never matters in a match like this so I am somewhat nervous about what the result will be.
For a Norfolk person exiled to Ipswich (I must have done something seriously wrong in a previous life), it is all about the bragging rights, nothing more. Nothing else matters, for me, it’s a must win game.
Whatever the result, most Norwich fans will be able to go back to Norfolk either celebrating or commiserating. I on the other hand, along with a few other Ipswich-based Canaries, have to stay here. It’s great if we win. However, if the unspeakable happens, I imagine I will be getting a lot of stick come Monday morning. Luckily for me, since I have lived here we have had the upper hand.
You may also want to watch:
I believe Norwich fans are more up for this game than the Ipswich fans. The local media are trying to rally support by using phrases like “it’s time to party like 2009” – because, as they point out, they have not beaten us for 7 years.
Former players have issued calls for supporters to get behind their team, but apart from a few die-hard fans, the feeling I get around the town is one of apathy towards their club and manager, but there is still plenty of hatred for Norwich.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 9 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 10 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
Our supporters are the best in the league and I am sure that on Sunday we can spur the team on to another great victory over our arch rivals.