MATCHDAY RECAP: King’s Lynn 0 Guiseley 1 - Red mist for Linnets in feisty defeat
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn spurned the chance to go back to the top of National League North after a 1-0 home defeat to Guiseley - with six home players booked and two sent off at The Walks.
Lynn failed to cash in with leaders York one of the games postponed on Saturday in the National North to remain two points behind with two games still in hand.
A big crowd turned up in west Norfolk with all bar a few games lower down the pyramid on, following guidance from the National League at an emergency meeting on Friday afternoon.
Linnets' chairman Stephen Cleeve tweeted on Saturday morning this could be the last game before a full shutdown of football in England.
City legend Culverhouse has guided Lynn into position for a second consecutive promotion triumph and current Canaries' Alfie Payne and Simon Power are currently part of Lynn's title chasing squad.
You may also want to watch:
- Recap the key moments in the matchday blog above.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride