MATCHDAY RECAP: King’s Lynn 0 Guiseley 1 - Red mist for Linnets in feisty defeat
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn spurned the chance to go back to the top of National League North after a 1-0 home defeat to Guiseley - with six home players booked and two sent off at The Walks.
Lynn failed to cash in with leaders York one of the games postponed on Saturday in the National North to remain two points behind with two games still in hand.
A big crowd turned up in west Norfolk with all bar a few games lower down the pyramid on, following guidance from the National League at an emergency meeting on Friday afternoon.
Linnets' chairman Stephen Cleeve tweeted on Saturday morning this could be the last game before a full shutdown of football in England.
City legend Culverhouse has guided Lynn into position for a second consecutive promotion triumph and current Canaries' Alfie Payne and Simon Power are currently part of Lynn's title chasing squad.
You may also want to watch:
- Recap the key moments in the matchday blog above.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City