Linnets capture Weaver
Paddy Davitt King's Lynn will tie up a deal for former Lincoln and Boston United defender Simon Weaver tomorrow.Linnets' chief Keith Webb confirmed the 30-year-old is set to agree terms on a switch to The Walks after rejecting a reduced offer from Blue Square North rivals Boston.
King's Lynn will tie up a deal for former Lincoln and Boston United defender Simon Weaver tomorrow.
Linnets' chief Keith Webb confirmed the 30-year-old is set to agree terms on a switch to The Walks after rejecting a reduced offer from Blue Square North rivals Boston.
Webb admitted Lynn had to move quickly despite uncertainty over the club's final league destination ahead of the Conference AGM on June 7.
You may also want to watch:
“He is coming to sign for us tomorrow,” said Webb. “Although there is an on going issue with whether we are placed in the North or the South he has already indicted that wouldn't be a problem. If that was the case and we were switched then I'd like to think he would be true to his word.”
Weaver's impending arrival follows the recent addition of ex-Preston trainee and Bromsgrove midfielder David Bridgwater. The Wetherby-based defender started his career at Sheffield Weds but went onto make more than 90 league appearances for Lincoln. Weaver had non league spells at Scarborough and Tamworth before joining ex-Lynn boss Tommy Taylor at the Pilgrims in December 2007.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 4 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 5 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender