Lions tamed by young Canaries
Millwall U-18 1, Norwich City U-18 3: Academy centre-halves Matthew Halliday and Alvin Quaye were on target yet again as David Williams' side scored a comfortable 3-1 win in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Millwall yesterday.
Millwall U-18 1, Norwich City U-18 3
Academy centre-halves Matthew Halliday and Alvin Quaye were on target yet again as David Williams' side scored a comfortable 3-1 win in the FA Premier Academy Under-18 League at Millwall yesterday.
After scoring the goal that secured a point in Saturday's 2-2 draw against MK Dons at Colney, Halliday opened the scoring yesterday with a goal not dissimilar when he met a Jamie Eames corner to volley home at the far post.
Shortly afterwards, the young Lions drew level, but just two minutes later they found themselves reduced to 10 men when they had a player sent off after Quaye was caught with an elbow.
You may also want to watch:
With City having a one-man advantage, they restored their lead after the break when Chris Martin created the opening for Bally Smart to fire home.
The Canaries completed the scoring from another corner when the home side failed to clear the danger, allowing Quaye to finish in spectacular style with an overhead kick.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
Norwich City Under-18: Lewis, Bexfield, Eagle, Quaye, Halliday (Cave-Brown, 45 min), Fisk, Eames, Lathrope, Martin, Muddel (El Ouargui, 70 min), Smart. Sub (not used) Kelly.