MATCHDAY LIVE: Aston Villa 1-2 Norwich City – Canaries seal title with victory
- Credit: Archant
Follow all the build-up, live score, action and reaction as we bring you full coverage of Norwich City’s 2018-19 EFL Championship finalé and title bid against Aston Villa, in our Matchday Live blog from Villa Park.
Our correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer have followed the Canaries from matchday build-up to full-time fallout all season long.
They will bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after Sunday’s contest with Dean Smith’s Villans (12.30pm kick-off).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
Norwich confirmed their automatic promotion on Saturday with a 2-1 victory over Blackburn Rovers at Carrow Road – and have duly celebrated their Premier League return in style.
You may also want to watch:
Now Daniel Farke’s men need just a point from their final-day trip to Villa Park to guarantee the title.
The only team that can catch the Canaries are Sheffield United, who were also promoted last weekend. They must win at Stoke to stand any chance of pipping Norwich to the title on goal difference.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
The final round of Championship fixtures all kick off at the same time.
Aston Villa have safely booked fifth spot in the table and cannot move their position on the final day, meaning the play-offs will loom once the regular season is over.
City return to Norwich in time for Bank Holiday Monday’s civic reception and promotion parade through the city, starting at 9am – ahead of Carrow Road’s celebration game in honour of Wesley Hoolahan and Russell Martin (3pm).
The Premier League fixtures are unveiled on Thursday, June 13 at 9am.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• Follow David Freezer on Twitter @davefreezer