MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City v Blackburn – Canaries bid for Premier League point
- Credit: Archant
Follow all the build-up, live score, action and reaction as we bring you full coverage of Norwich City’s 2018-19 EFL Championship clash with Blackburn Rovers, in our Matchday Live blog from Carrow Road.
Our correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout all season long.
They will bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after tonight’s contest with Tony Mowbray’s Rovers (7.30pm kick-off).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
Norwich had to settle for a pair of Easter draws at home to Sheffield Wednesday and at Stoke respectively – but results elsewhere mean City need just one point against Rovers from their final home game of the season to confirm Premier League football come August.
You may also want to watch:
Victory however will most likely be needed to maintain City’s pole position in race for the Championship title, with Sheffield United kicking off at home to Ipswich Town at 5.15pm this evening.
Leeds also have to beat Aston Villa at home to stand any chance of finishing in the top two or making life for Norwich difficult if City stumble. They play Sunday lunchtime – but won’t be able to catch the Canaries if they claim the point they need against Blackburn.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
While Norwich are unbeaten in 12, Rovers arrive at Carrow Road off the back of four successive wins and secure in midtable.
Next up is City’s final game of the campaign, when they head to play-off bound Villa on Sunday (12.30pm) – the Villans currently on a run of 1-0 successive victories heading to Elland Road.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.
• Follow David Freezer on Twitter @davefreezer