MATCHDAY LIVE: Arsenal 2 Norwich City 1 – Heartbreak for Canaries at the Emirates
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s valiant display wasn’t enough to knock Premier League giants Arsenal out of the Carabao Cup, as Josh Murphy’s first-half opener was cancelled out by a late double from Gunners teen Eddie Nketiah.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They will bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after this evening’s League Cup clash with Arsene Wenger’s Gunners (7.45pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City head into the game unbeaten in nine matches, and fresh from their 1-0 East Anglian derby triumph over Ipswich Town at Portman Road on Sunday; James Maddison scoring City’s winner.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Arsenal prepared with a 5-2 Premier League win at Everton which signalled the end of Ronald Koeman’s reign at Goodison Park.
City follow up tonight’s game with Championship visits from Bradley Johnson’s Derby (Saturday, 3pm) and the leaders, John Ruddy’s Wolverhampton Wanderers (Tuesday 31 October, 7.45pm).
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.