MATCHDAY LIVE: Arsenal 2 Norwich City 1 – Heartbreak for Canaries at the Emirates
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s valiant display wasn’t enough to knock Premier League giants Arsenal out of the Carabao Cup, as Josh Murphy’s first-half opener was cancelled out by a late double from Gunners teen Eddie Nketiah.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They will bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after this evening’s League Cup clash with Arsene Wenger’s Gunners (7.45pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City head into the game unbeaten in nine matches, and fresh from their 1-0 East Anglian derby triumph over Ipswich Town at Portman Road on Sunday; James Maddison scoring City’s winner.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Arsenal prepared with a 5-2 Premier League win at Everton which signalled the end of Ronald Koeman’s reign at Goodison Park.
City follow up tonight’s game with Championship visits from Bradley Johnson’s Derby (Saturday, 3pm) and the leaders, John Ruddy’s Wolverhampton Wanderers (Tuesday 31 October, 7.45pm).
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.