MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 1-1 Barnsley – Canaries fluff their home lines again
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Carrow Road wobbles continued as they surrendered a first-half lead and were left to settle for a 1-1 EFL Championship draw at home to Barnsley.
Josh Murphy had given City the lead after just 12 minutes, but Daniel Farke’s side failed to adjust to his half-time tactical switch to three at the back, in time to prevent Harvey Barnes levelling within two minutes of the restart.
Our Canaries correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer were following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout at Carrow Road.
They brought you all the action and talking points before, during and after this afternoon’s Championship encounter with Paul Heckingbottom’s improving Tykes (3pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
You may also want to watch:
City headed into the game off the back of a two week break – before which City suffered an extra-time Carabao Cup exit at Arsenal, before three successive league defeats to Derby, leaders Wolves and previously bottom side Bolton respectively.
Having ridden out speculation linking him to the vacant Sunderland job, Heckingbottom’s Tykes could move level on points with their hosts if they picked up a win in Norfolk – something they had failed to do in their 17 attempts since 1937, before kick-off.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
City’s 2013 FA Youth Cup-winning captain Cameron McGeehan was primed to start against his former club for the first time.
A busy week for Daniel Farke’s side sees them head to Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night (7.45pm) before they welcome Alex Neil’s Preston to Carrow Road the following Saturday.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.