MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 1-2 Derby County – Controversy as Rams raid Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sam Winnall came off the bench to secure victory for Derby County at Carrow Road and condemn Norwich City to their first EFL Championship defeat since August.
The Canaries were denied a first-half penalty after Josh Murphy was hauled down in the box by Ramms goalkeeper Scott Carson, before David Nugent gave the visitors the lead on the stroke of half-time.
Timm Klose’s second-half equaliser got City back into the game, only for Winnall to snatch all three points – with Nelson Oliveira seeing his substitute appearance end early through injury.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City headed into the game unbeaten in eight league matches, having claimed the derby spoils with a 1-0 win at Ipswich on Sunday, before playing more than 120 minutes in their Carabao Cup fourth-round extra-time exit at Arsenal on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
The Rams were on their own five-game unbeaten run, including a 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest in the Midlands derby last time out.
City follow-up today action with another home game, against high-flying Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday (7.45pm) before City head into the latest international break with a trip to struggling Bolton on Saturday (3pm).
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.