MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 1-2 Derby County – Controversy as Rams raid Carrow Road
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sam Winnall came off the bench to secure victory for Derby County at Carrow Road and condemn Norwich City to their first EFL Championship defeat since August.
The Canaries were denied a first-half penalty after Josh Murphy was hauled down in the box by Ramms goalkeeper Scott Carson, before David Nugent gave the visitors the lead on the stroke of half-time.
Timm Klose’s second-half equaliser got City back into the game, only for Winnall to snatch all three points – with Nelson Oliveira seeing his substitute appearance end early through injury.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City headed into the game unbeaten in eight league matches, having claimed the derby spoils with a 1-0 win at Ipswich on Sunday, before playing more than 120 minutes in their Carabao Cup fourth-round extra-time exit at Arsenal on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
The Rams were on their own five-game unbeaten run, including a 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest in the Midlands derby last time out.
City follow-up today action with another home game, against high-flying Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday (7.45pm) before City head into the latest international break with a trip to struggling Bolton on Saturday (3pm).
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 2 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 6 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 7 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.