MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 0-2 Wolves – Canaries outclassed by Championship leaders
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City were left second best as Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers left Norfolk with an excellent 2-0 win.
Daniel Farke’s Canaries tried formation changes and early substitutions, but could do little to stop the Molineux side’s domination as a goal in each half decided matters.
And in truth, it could have been an even heavier defeat – as John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett both kept clean sheets on their Carrow Road returns.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City headd into the game off the back of their first league defeat since August, a 2-1 home loss to Derby – in the same week they played more than 120 minutes in their Carabao Cup fourth-round extra-time exit at Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
Wolves could tell a similar story, losing on penalties at Manchester City before suffering a surprise weekend defeat at Queens Park Rangers and losing top spot in the Championship.
City follow tonight’s clash with a trip to struggling Bolton on Saturday (3pm), whose form has picked up of late. That game will send City into the final international break of the year.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 4 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 5 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 6 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 7 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 8 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 9 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 10 Skipp calls for City to be smarter after Luton defeat
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.