MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 0-2 Wolves – Canaries outclassed by Championship leaders
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City were left second best as Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers left Norfolk with an excellent 2-0 win.
Daniel Farke’s Canaries tried formation changes and early substitutions, but could do little to stop the Molineux side’s domination as a goal in each half decided matters.
And in truth, it could have been an even heavier defeat – as John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett both kept clean sheets on their Carrow Road returns.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City headd into the game off the back of their first league defeat since August, a 2-1 home loss to Derby – in the same week they played more than 120 minutes in their Carabao Cup fourth-round extra-time exit at Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
Wolves could tell a similar story, losing on penalties at Manchester City before suffering a surprise weekend defeat at Queens Park Rangers and losing top spot in the Championship.
City follow tonight’s clash with a trip to struggling Bolton on Saturday (3pm), whose form has picked up of late. That game will send City into the final international break of the year.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.