Oh what a night – How Norwich City’s 2019 EFL Awards success played out in London
- Credit: Archant
Follow how the 2019 EFL Awards unfolded at Grosvenor House on Park Lane, London as two of Norwich City’s top performers hoped for success from their nominations, after the Championship leaders’ stellar efforts.
The Championship’s leading scorer Teemu Pukki took his tally to 26 league goals for the campaign with his brace in the Canaries’ 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.
The Finn was nominated for Championship player of the year alongside Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp and Birmingham City forward Che Adams.
Meanwhile City’s breakthrough act, academy product Max Aarons was one of three nominees shortlisted for the EFL-wide young player of the year.
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries duo alongside left-back Jamal Lewis were all named in the EFL’s Championship team of the season, managed by Blades boss Chris Wilder – and stood a chance of making the EFL team of the season.
City’s leading scorer last team James Maddison was named in both the Championship and EFL XIs at last year’s awards.
• Follow David Freezer on Twitter @davefreezer
- 1 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 2 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw
- 3 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage