Story of the match: Charlton Athletic 0 Norwich City 2
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Pre-season continued with a trip to Charlton Athletic for Norwich City last night, with the Canaries winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Yanic Wildschut and Steven Naismith.
Daniel Farke’s squad had returned from a week-long training camp in Germany, following victories over two Bundesliga II sides, MSV Duisburg and Arminia Bielefeld.
League One side Charlton provided the opposition as City begin finalising their plans for the start of their Championship campaign at Fulham on August 5.
City were relegated from the second tier at The Valley following a 4-2 defeat on the last day of the 2008-09 season but have won both of their visits since.
Michael Nelson’s goal fittingly sealed promotion from League One as City beat the Addicks 1-0 in April 2010 and Cameron Jerome sealed a 3-2 win in the 83rd minute in the last visit, in February 2015, as Alex Neil’s team chased a play-off place.
You may also want to watch:
The south-east London club were relegated in 2016 and finished 13th in League One last season under former MK Dons boss Karl Robinson, amid off-field acrimony as fans protested against the club’s foreign ownership.
• Re-live the game as it unfolded above
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 8 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit