Story of the match: Charlton Athletic 0 Norwich City 2
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Pre-season continued with a trip to Charlton Athletic for Norwich City last night, with the Canaries winning 2-0 thanks to goals from Yanic Wildschut and Steven Naismith.
Daniel Farke’s squad had returned from a week-long training camp in Germany, following victories over two Bundesliga II sides, MSV Duisburg and Arminia Bielefeld.
League One side Charlton provided the opposition as City begin finalising their plans for the start of their Championship campaign at Fulham on August 5.
City were relegated from the second tier at The Valley following a 4-2 defeat on the last day of the 2008-09 season but have won both of their visits since.
Michael Nelson’s goal fittingly sealed promotion from League One as City beat the Addicks 1-0 in April 2010 and Cameron Jerome sealed a 3-2 win in the 83rd minute in the last visit, in February 2015, as Alex Neil’s team chased a play-off place.
You may also want to watch:
The south-east London club were relegated in 2016 and finished 13th in League One last season under former MK Dons boss Karl Robinson, amid off-field acrimony as fans protested against the club’s foreign ownership.
• Re-live the game as it unfolded above
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion