Story of the match: King’s Lynn Town 1 Norwich City U23s 4
- Credit: Ian Burt
Norwich City Under-23s kicked off their pre-season preparations with a 4-1 friendly win at King’s Lynn Town last night.
Matt Gill’s squad played the Southern Premier Division side at The Walks and won thanks to two goals from Tony Andreu and one apiece for Michee Efete and Todd Cantwell, after Leon Mettam had fired the hosts ahead early on.
The Linnets are managed by Canaries legend Ian Culverhouse, who took over towards the end of last season and has since brought in a raft of new players, including Norwich academy product Ryan Jarvis.
City’s under-23s are preparing for Premier League Two, with the Championship club set to rely more on its academy system in the coming season after falling away from the riches of the Premier League.
The young Canaries take part in the club’s pre-season tour of Germany next week, when they will face SC Rot-Weiß Oberhausen on Wednesday (12.30pm) and Eintracht Braunschweig U23s on Friday (12pm).
You may also want to watch:
They complete their fixtures away at Sutton United on Friday, July 28 (7.45pm) and at home to Burnley at Colney on Friday, August 4 (12pm).
• Re-live the match as it unfolded above
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 10 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff