MATCHDAY LIVE: Idah stars with FA Cup treble as City win at Preston
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City take a break from their Premier League survival scrap this afternoon when they take on Preston in the FA Cup – and our reporters are at Deepdale to bring you all the updates.
City have made it past the third round of the world's oldest club competition just twice in the last 10 seasons and lost 2-0 at Preston in the third round in 2015, a loss to a League One side which cost Neil Adams his job with Championship promotion hopes drifting.
That brought Alex Neil to Norwich, who took the Canaries to the Premier League via Wembley play-off final glory but after relegation the Scot was sacked in April 2017.
Neil is now in charge at Preston and faces City as a Premier League side again under Daniel Farke, his fifth reunion with the club since leaving.
After missing out on the play-offs by just two points last season, North End are again chasing the Championship play-offs but four defeats and two draws in their last eight games has seen them slip to 10th, but still only two points adrift of the top six.
You may also want to watch:
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from Deepdale from our reporters before, during and after the game in the live blog above
- And don't forget to download the free Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis as our correspondents follow the Canaries around the country
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City