Norwich City transfer rumour: Reading striker on Wolves & City’s radar during January
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Reading forward Danny Loader was the subject of interest from Premier League sides Wolverhampton Wanderers and Norwich City in the January transfer window, according to reports.
The 19-year-old has attracted Premier League interest following his emergence at the Madejski Stadium. A versatile attacker, Loader has also been deployed as an attacking midfielder and a winger.
His contract expires at the end of the season and the youngster has fallen out of favour with Reading boss Mark Bowen.
Jaap Stam handed him his professional debut as a 16-year-old, but Loader has failed to convert his positive performances in development football into Championship effective displays.
His contractual situation has provoked interest from a number of clubs, all hoping to secure his services at the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
With his contract expiring, any club looking to add Loader to their ranks will owe the Berkshire club a compensation figure.
The Telegraph's Mike McGrath, who broke the news of Melvin Sitti's transfer, reported that City were interested in bringing Loader to Carrow Road during the January window and will now look to strike a deal in the summer.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
Loader played 21 games for Reading last season, including against Manchester United in the FA Cup. His only senior league goal arrived in a 2-1 defeat to Middlesbrough at the end of last season.
His game time has been more limited this season however, with the England Under-20 international featuring only seven times for Bowen's men so far.
His only start was on the opening day of the campaign, when Jose Gomes was at the helm.
Loader has also been linked with Manchester United, with his performances in development football attracting interest from a host of clubs.