Local lad McQuaid is rewarded for efforts with contract at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
King’s Lynn Town have rewarded talented young midfielder Eoin McQuaid with a one-year contract.
The 20-year-old has recently become a regular in Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse’s matchday squad and played 90 minutes in the League Cup defeat at Kempston Rovers on Saturday.
“It’s my first contract,” said McQuaid, who has made 28 first team appearances for Lynn. “I’m happy to sign for my local club.
“I’ve been working hard in pre-season and at the start of the season and the gaffer said he would reward me with a contract.
“I’ve been playing for the reserves for four years now and I’ve been dipping in and out of the first team, but it’s nice to be involved more regularly now.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to put pen to paper as I supported the club when I was younger and to pull on the shirt is something I always dreamed of.
“I’m delighted to have signed a contract as I’ve now got the security of staying with the club.”
- 1 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 4 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 7 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 9 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 10 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
The Linnets first team are flying high, currently sitting second in the Southern League Premier Division, making McQuaid’s new deal all the more noteworthy.
“Eoin is good lad,” said Culverhouse.
“He works hard in training and has a great attitude, He wants to learn new things all the time and is a pleasure to have with the squad on matchdays.
“This is his just reward for a fine start to the season with Backie in the reserves and the hard work and determination that he shows when he pulls on the club colours.”
The Linnets’ reserve team are also flying high in the Thurlow Nunn First Division and manager Robbie Back is delighted to get McQuiad ‘on board’.
“It’s great to see Eoin rewarded for all of his hard work – he totally deserves to get his contract and he’s been absolutely fantastic for us over the last three seasons,” said Back.
“He is a dream to work with – the lad never misses a training session and always wants to listen and learn.
“It’s also good for the other lads to see that if you work hard and show the necessary commitment you will get your rewards.
“We now have four lads who have earned contracts from the reserves in the last two seasons.
“I am sure that Eoin will get even better under Ian’s guidance.”