Loddon ‘A’ 2, Wensum Albion 1
Albion travelled to Loddon with a strong team whilst still searching for that elusive first win of the season.
With Loddon looking to have the advantage in the air Albion attempted to play the ball around the pitch with some excellent passing moves involving a number of players.
However it was that aerial advantage that saw Loddon take the lead when a free kick was floated in to the area and finished from close range.
Albion still battled, not allowing their heads to go down and were back on level terms when a ball over the top was bravely bundled home by Pete Gorbould after challenging the Loddon keeper.
Mark Leeper saw a number of free kicks go close as Albion carved out some half chances during the half but went into the break a goal down when a long ball found the Loddon winger who rode a number of challenges to fire in to the Albion net.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Albion apply more pressure, headers from centre-halfs Philo and MacKenzie going close but failing to find the target.
Albion were kicking themselves not to have gained something from the game and know that they must pick up points quickly in the next few matches.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit