Loddon celebrate season, and Premier survival
Loddon United FC held their annual presentations recently and the club celebrated the fact that the first team had concluded their season in style and ensured another season in the Premier Division of the Anglian Combination.
The club wishes to thank Ciaran Creegan and Dave Matthews for stepping in and guiding the team to safety after taking over the reins of the first team following a poor start to the season had seen them bottom of the table for quite some time.
After an enjoyable Chairman’s XI v President’s XI match the presentations were made and the winners were as follows: First XI Manager’s Player, Players’ Player and Brian Sadler Supporters’ Player of the Year awards all went to Robin Andersen.
Shaun Jermy capped a fine season by taking the Manager’s Player and Players’ Player for the Reserve XI whilst Dan Robinson won the Matthew Green trophy for finishing as the Reserve XI highest goalscorer with 23 for the season.
In the A’s Jamie Weston won Manager’s Player of the Year and Chris Baker won Player’s Player.
You may also want to watch:
Other awards were Kevin Sayer Clubman of the Year – Tony Coe and the Bryan Thurlow Award this year went to David Johnson for the excellent job he has down in running the A’s.
The club would like to say a big thank you to Gus Ayre for doing a fine job on the barbecue and to the Jubilee Hall Social Club for their support on the day and throughout the season.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 9 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
The club would also like to thank First XI sponsors Musker McIntyre Estate Agents and Reserve XI sponsors Roberts & Son Printers for their support over the last two seasons.
n A team picture will be published in a future edition of the Journal.