Loddon poised to steal title
ANGLIAN COMBINATION: The destination of the Division One title hangs in the balance, with Watton and Loddon vying for the honours. Watton completed their campaign on Saturday with a 2-1 win at Scole United, courtesy of goals from Chris Astbury and Lewis Broomfield.
The destination of the Division One title hangs in the balance, with Watton and Loddon vying for the honours.
Watton completed their campaign on Saturday with a 2-1 win at Scole United, courtesy of goals from Chris Astbury and Lewis Broomfield.
That put them three points clear of second-placed Loddon, who could only draw 1-1 at St Andrews. David Waters scored for the home side, with James Marjoribanks on target for Loddon.
But Loddon still have one game to play - at bottom club Fakenham tomorrow - and with their superior goal difference they know victory would see them wrestle the title from Watton's grasp.
You may also want to watch:
With Fakenham currently on minus two points following a points deduction and having conceded 166 goals this season, the odds seem heavily in favour of Loddon becoming champions.
Elsewhere in Division One, Dereham Town Reserves beat Gayton 3-1 thanks to goals from Matthew Hooks, Chris West and an own goal, while Simon Bush scored for Gayton.
- 1 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 5 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
Joseph Pattison got Wymondham's winner in a 1-0 success at Long Stratton.
In the Premier Division, Chris O'Brien scored twice as Blofield thrashed Dersingham 5-0. Danny McKail, Kris Hart and David Titchiner were also on the scoresheet.
Sheringham won 4-0 at Beccles, the visitors' goals coming from Ollie King (2), Andrew Eastaugh and an own goal.
Runners-up Cromer took a 2-2 draw from their penultimate match of the season, at Brandon. Daniel Brown and Simon Durrant were on target for the visitors, while Stephen Tuck and Richard Williams netted for Brandon.
North Walsham beat Acle 3-2 - Craig Knowles, Darren Miller and Rodney Drake scoring for Walsham, with Acle's goals coming from James Foreman and an own goal.