Logan helps himself to a hat-trick for Dereham Town
- Credit: Ian Burt
A Rhys Logan hat-trick helped Dereham to victory in a seven-goal thriller.
There was a sign of things to come as early as the fifth minute when Ashley Jarvis picked up keeper Elliot Pride’s long clearance and progressed before hitting the post with a low drive.
However, the hosts immediately took the lead with Shad Ngandu allowed to travel deep into the Dereham half before squaring to Christian Assombalonga, who scored from close range.
Danny Beaumont volleyed over and Jarvis just failed to get on the end of Sam Garner’s ball from the right as the Magpies looked for a reply. Assombalonga struck the Dereham post after a mix-up in defence while Jarvis headed Ryan Crisp’s free-kick over as the game remained open.
Dereham levelled on 31 minutes when Beaumont curled a free-kick towards Dion Frary who headed on for Logan at the back post to head home.
You may also want to watch:
Waltham regained the lead two minutes after the restart when the unchallenged Rimmel Daniels headed home Billy Holland’s free-kick, but the Magpies restored parity again with a superb goal in the 54th minute. Garner released Crisp on the right byline and his cross fell behind Logan. However, the wide man produced a moment of magic to back heel the ball over his head scorpion style and into the net.
Things got even better for Dereham in the 58th minute when Matthew Castellan was fouled in the box and Beaumont fired home from 12 yards.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
The visitors were now on top and Beaumont’s centre was cleared to Logan 20 yards out and he confidently drilled home to complete his hat-trick and extend Dereham’s lead in the 68th minute. Waltham pulled a goal back in the 71st minute with a well-taken goal from Christian Assombalonga.
Waltham Abbey: Locker, Spencer, Daniel, Robbins, Harrison (Joyner 83), Daveney, Brampton (Elbi 66), Holland (Glasgow 73, Assombalonga, Ngandu, Gordon. Sub not used: Benoit.
Dereham: Pride, Garner, Taylor, Linford, Ebbage (Forshaw 73), Castellan, Logan (Dodden 91), Frary, Crisp (Pledger 79), Beaumont, Jarvis. Sub not used: Exley, Cox.
Ref: D Skipper. Att: 68.