City defender departs on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Louis Lomas has joined Slough Town on a season-long loan.
The 19-year-old has been training with the Rebels for a number of weeks, even playing in their last three friendly matches as a left-back.
Slough play in the National League South - with Lomas hoping a successful loan spell will be able to move him up the pyramid with another side next season.
The defender signed a new contract until 2021 in January and has been a regular in City’s under-23s side under David Wright. Lomas played nine games for City’s development squad during the 2019/20 season.
Lomas is yet to make a senior appearance but did score the winner in the 2-1 Football League Trophy group stage win at Crawley Town last season.
You may also want to watch:
Lomas signed for American second-tier side Tampa Bay Rowdies on loan in January, but returned to Norfolk as the USL Championship side had their season disrupted due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City