Love Thy Neighbour: Which Ipswich Town player would you take in the City ranks?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Every derby is about passion, loyalty and tribal pride. We get it. Ipswich Town v Norwich City is no different. But who do you have a sneaking regard for in the Blues’ line up?
Vote in secret, vote anonymously but ‘none of the above’ is not an option. Cast a ballot from a shortlist of those likely to be available for Ipswich Town in Sunday’s televised Championship duel at Portman Road.
• Bartoz Bialkowski
Town’s player-of-the-year for the past two seasons. Which tells you everything about the Blues’ struggles that they have been so reliant on the Polish shot-stopper. Anyone at Carrow Road for last season’s derby would have seen how good Bialkowski was first-hand. Albeit he was beaten by Jacob Murphy’s swinging near post shot the Canaries would have undoubtedly claimed all three points but for a series of defiant saves.
• Jonas Knudsen
You may also want to watch:
Aggressive, spiky character. Team mates have nicknamed him ‘Mad Dog’. Attack-minded left back who scored twice last season - both times against Norwich to earn Ipswich two points. Knudsen appears to relish the physical confrontations underpinning this fixture. He is one in the Blues’ ranks who will not take a backward step on Sunday.
• David McGoldrick
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
Dogged by injuries during his career but Town reportedly turned down an £8m enquiry from former Premier League champions Leicester City for the attacking midfielder back in 2014. The Republic of Ireland international has scored six goals in 11 appearances this season and with an injury-free run is likely to be one of Town’s most creative threats.
• Joe Garner
Strapping 6ft plus target man. Scored three goals in his first four appearances for Ipswich after a summer move from Rangers. Knows what the Championship is all about and has a one in three goal ratio from a career that started at Blackburn in 2006.
• Martyn Waghorn
Another summer recruit to the Blues from Ibrox. Scored six goals in 11 games already and has enjoyed his tussles against Norwich City in the past, in the blue of Leicester City. Can operate down the middle or in a wider attacking role.