Lowestoft bounce back in style
Great Wakering Rovers 0. Lowestoft Town 3: Lowestoft Town bounced back from two midweek defeats with an emphatic three-goal victory on their first visit to Great Wakering Rovers, writes Terry Lynes.
Great Wakering Rovers 0. Lowestoft Town 3
Lowestoft Town bounced back from two midweek defeats with an emphatic three-goal victory on their first visit to Great Wakering Rovers, writes Terry Lynes.
There was a recall to the starting line-up for Jamie Godbold for the first time since breaking his jaw in January. With Gary McGee ill, Danny Bloomfield partnered Matt Nolan up front.
In a nondescript first half there was plenty of effort but little flair with a lack of real goalmouth action. Danny Bloomfield and Matt Nolan combined to release Scott Mitchell but his cross was too far ahead of his colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Mitchell tried his luck from 25 yards but keeper Louis Godwin-Green dived to save.
Great Wakering pushed forward and a cross from Adam Holmes was turned away for a corner by Greg Crane. A curling cross/shot from Joe Gardener was tipped over the bar by Andy Reynolds. Billy Johnson had the ball in the Lowestoft net but from a clearly offside position.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
Lowestoft were much more determined in the second period with Jamie Godbold going close with a spectacular overhead kick from Neil Plaskett's cross. There was an even better chance for Matt Nolan but he headed wide from a glorious Danny Bloomfield cross.Lowestoft deservedly moved ahead in the 56th minute. Neil Plaskett picked out Matt Nolan who drilled the ball through the keeper's legs from 15 yards. Jamie Godbold cut inside Adam Holmes but was foiled by a diving one handed save by Louis Godwin-Green.
Lowestoft doubled their lead in the 62nd minute. Scott Mitchell played a short corner to Andrew Fisk who played the ball over everyone and just inside the far post. Matt Nolan's 30 yard drive was held by Louis Godwin-Green.
Lowestoft made the game safe in the 78th minute. Matty Potter's throw-in found Scott Mitchell in space and although Louis Godwin-Green saved his first attempt he was on hand to knock home the loose ball from close range.
Jamie Godbold clipped the ball forward to Matt Nolan who chested the ball down but was unable to get in a telling shot.
Sixteen-year-old Joe Clark replaced Scott Mitchell for the last five minutes for his second taste of Ryman League football.
Man of the match: Jamie Godbold.
Gt Wakering Rovers: Godwin-Green, Pitts, Holmes, Heffer, Beale, Benjamin, Gardiner, Trenkle, Johnson (Sub Webb 68), Fiddes, Khory-Davinson (Sub Fox (77), Subs (not used) Hull, Cole.
Lowestoft Town: Reynolds, Plaskett, Potter, Holt, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, Nolan, Bloomfield (sub Forshaw 78), Mitchell (Sub Clark 85), subs (not used) Francis, Bussens, Poppy.