Lowestoft see off Cheshunt
Cheshunt 0, Lowestoft 3: Lowestoft bounced back from Saturday's home defeat to Ilford with a comfortable three goal victory over Cheshunt last night. The home side had an early chance when Chris Meikle raced through but his shot hit the outside of the post.
Cheshunt 0, Lowestoft 3
Lowestoft bounced back from Saturday's home defeat to Ilford with a comfortable three goal victory over Cheshunt last night.
The home side had an early chance when Chris Meikle raced through but his shot hit the outside of the post.
But from that point on Lowestoft started to get on top, taking a deserved lead in the 24th minute. Darren Williams mis-kicked his clearance and Gary McGee pounced to shoot home from ten yards.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues continued to press and added a second goal in the 44th minute. McGee made good ground down the left and when goalkeeper Stuart Pack fumbled the ball Ross King was on hand to tap in from two yards out.
McGee had a second goal disallowed two minutes into the second half for a harsh offside decision. But Lowestoft continued to look the better side and added a third goal in the 64th minute.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
McGee chased a through ball into the penalty area and was brought down by Glenn Parry for Richard Woodrow to step up and convert the spot kick.
Craig Bussens was brought down 25 yards out but keeper Pack dived to save Adam Smith� 's direct free-kick.
Lowestoft comfortably played out the remaining minutes to complete an excellent victory. They now take a break from league action with a home FA Cup derby against Yarmouth on Saturday.
Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Bussons. Subs Poppy, Hilton, Hunn, Mitchell, Potter.
Cheshunt: Pack, Schillachi, Parry, Salih, Williams, Tresardan, Forbes. Harrison, Meikle, Mattos, McLachlan. Subs Light, Beaupierre, Ameh, Churchouse, Lyans.