Lowestoft see off Cheshunt
Cheshunt 0, Lowestoft 3: Lowestoft bounced back from Saturday's home defeat to Ilford with a comfortable three goal victory over Cheshunt last night. The home side had an early chance when Chris Meikle raced through but his shot hit the outside of the post.
Cheshunt 0, Lowestoft 3
Lowestoft bounced back from Saturday's home defeat to Ilford with a comfortable three goal victory over Cheshunt last night.
The home side had an early chance when Chris Meikle raced through but his shot hit the outside of the post.
But from that point on Lowestoft started to get on top, taking a deserved lead in the 24th minute. Darren Williams mis-kicked his clearance and Gary McGee pounced to shoot home from ten yards.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues continued to press and added a second goal in the 44th minute. McGee made good ground down the left and when goalkeeper Stuart Pack fumbled the ball Ross King was on hand to tap in from two yards out.
McGee had a second goal disallowed two minutes into the second half for a harsh offside decision. But Lowestoft continued to look the better side and added a third goal in the 64th minute.
- 1 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 2 Canaries not pursuing young Exeter winger linked to Celtic
- 3 WINDOW WATCH: The latest Canaries transfer news and views
- 4 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 5 'Excellent professional' - Former City winger joins League One side
- 6 Should Canaries fans be concerned about slow transfer market?
- 7 'I know he gets a little bit of stick' - Scots' chief defends Hanley
- 8 City confirm date for Liverpool Premier League opener
- 9 City title winner Xavi attracting interest
- 10 City to kick off pre-season at King's Lynn; Lincoln and Huddersfield also in the mix
McGee chased a through ball into the penalty area and was brought down by Glenn Parry for Richard Woodrow to step up and convert the spot kick.
Craig Bussens was brought down 25 yards out but keeper Pack dived to save Adam Smith� 's direct free-kick.
Lowestoft comfortably played out the remaining minutes to complete an excellent victory. They now take a break from league action with a home FA Cup derby against Yarmouth on Saturday.
Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Bussons. Subs Poppy, Hilton, Hunn, Mitchell, Potter.
Cheshunt: Pack, Schillachi, Parry, Salih, Williams, Tresardan, Forbes. Harrison, Meikle, Mattos, McLachlan. Subs Light, Beaupierre, Ameh, Churchouse, Lyans.