Lowestoft see off Cheshunt
Cheshunt 0, Lowestoft 3: Lowestoft bounced back from Saturday's home defeat to Ilford with a comfortable three goal victory over Cheshunt last night. The home side had an early chance when Chris Meikle raced through but his shot hit the outside of the post.
Cheshunt 0, Lowestoft 3
Lowestoft bounced back from Saturday's home defeat to Ilford with a comfortable three goal victory over Cheshunt last night.
The home side had an early chance when Chris Meikle raced through but his shot hit the outside of the post.
But from that point on Lowestoft started to get on top, taking a deserved lead in the 24th minute. Darren Williams mis-kicked his clearance and Gary McGee pounced to shoot home from ten yards.
The Blues continued to press and added a second goal in the 44th minute. McGee made good ground down the left and when goalkeeper Stuart Pack fumbled the ball Ross King was on hand to tap in from two yards out.
McGee had a second goal disallowed two minutes into the second half for a harsh offside decision. But Lowestoft continued to look the better side and added a third goal in the 64th minute.
- 1 'Such an odd game' - City fans react to Huddersfield win
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries lodge loan bid for Metz left-back
- 3 Smith delivers upbeat Pukki bulletin after Sargent inspires City win
- 4 CANARIES 2 TERRIERS 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 5 Upward mobility in reach for City chief
- 6 Follow live updates of Norwich City v Huddersfield Town
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki misses out for City
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: City 2-1 Huddersfield
- 9 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 10 'If you're not scoring or assisting then you won't play' - City ace knows score with Smith
McGee chased a through ball into the penalty area and was brought down by Glenn Parry for Richard Woodrow to step up and convert the spot kick.
Craig Bussens was brought down 25 yards out but keeper Pack dived to save Adam Smith� 's direct free-kick.
Lowestoft comfortably played out the remaining minutes to complete an excellent victory. They now take a break from league action with a home FA Cup derby against Yarmouth on Saturday.
Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Bussons. Subs Poppy, Hilton, Hunn, Mitchell, Potter.
Cheshunt: Pack, Schillachi, Parry, Salih, Williams, Tresardan, Forbes. Harrison, Meikle, Mattos, McLachlan. Subs Light, Beaupierre, Ameh, Churchouse, Lyans.