Lowestoft show spirit to deny leaders
Lowly Lowestoft Town Reserves held leaders Hempnall to a 3-3 draw in the Premier Division on Saturday.Hempnall's Robert Browne, Paul Franklin and Tom Halliwell all found the net, but goals from Lowestoft's Malik Knight, Christopher Sandford and Carl Burgess denied them the three points.
Lowly Lowestoft Town Reserves held leaders Hempnall to a 3-3 draw in the Premier Division on Saturday.
Hempnall's Robert Browne, Paul Franklin and Tom Halliwell all found the net, but goals from Lowestoft's Malik Knight, Christopher Sandford and Carl Burgess denied them the three points.
Second-placed Wroxham Reserves were unable to take advantage, however, as they were held 1-1 at Beccles.
Rory French scored the Beccles goal and Bradley Hoffman was on target for Wroxham, who remain behind Hempnall on goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
Mattishall's slide down the table continued as they were humbled 5-1 at home by Halvergate, Stephen Jones scoring the lone Mattishall goal.
A Graham Carr double helped Sprowston Athletic overcome Hindringham 2-1.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
In Division One, Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves retained top spot after a 3-1 win at home to Attleborough Town.
Michael Tacon, Daley Palmer and Luke Catchpole got the Kirkley goals, with Andrew McKenzie replying for Town.
Watton United are second after seeing off Loddon United 4-3. Craig Roberts (2) and David Matthews scored for Loddon, but Ben Lomas (2), Kevin Bloomfield and Chris Sharpe kept up Watton's title challenge.
Dereham Town Reserves, in fourth, slipped to a 1-0 defeat at Sole Bay, Adam Sullivan getting the goal.
Honours were even in the battle at the bottom between Wells Town and Sprowston Wanderers as the game finished 2-2. Daniel Grocott got both Wells' goals and Luke Southgate bagged a brace for Sprowston.
Leon Huckle and Charlie Bartram were on target as St Andrews beat Scole United 2-0.
Gayton United cruised to a 3-0 win at home to Long Stratton, with goals from Jon Bunting, Nicholas Bunting and Peter Roberts.
Bottom-of-the-table Fakenham Reserves are still searching for their first point, although a 2-0 defeat at home to Stalham Town was at least respectable compared to some previous thrashings. Darren Patterson scored both Stalham goals.
In the FA National League System Cup, an Anglian Combination side beat their Northamptonshire opponents 3-2 with goals from Steve Jordan, Danny McKail and Paul English.