Lowestoft Town 3, Harlow Town 0
Joe Francis maintained his goalscoring run for Lowestoft Town as the Ryman League Division One North leaders cantered to a 3-0 win victory over Harlow at Crown Meadow.
Joe Francis maintained his fine goalscoring form for Town as the league leaders cantered to victory at Crown Meadow last night.
Francis scored his eighth goal in his fifth match for the Blues and then set up Dale Cockrill before limping off with an apparent hamstring injury after 55 minutes against the division's bottom side.
But by then the damage had been done as the home side's relentless pursuit of the Ryman League Division One North title continued. Francis' contribution overshadowed a Town debut for new-boy Danny Bloomfield, signed from AFC Sudbury on a two-and-a half-year deal yesterday.
Former Norwich City and King's Lynn striker Bloomfield was instantly involved as Town almost scored in the first minute. As expected, Town had all the early pressure and made it count on 16 minutes with a free-kick from 22 yards out. Francis stepped up and curled the ball round the wall and into the bottom corner with Horton rooted to the spot.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues did not make their dominance count until a minute before the break, and Francis was involved again. He played a short corner to Dale Cockrill who took a touch and fired in low from the edge of the box to give Town the lead they deserved.
Lowestoft made a change on 51 minutes with Andrew Fisk on for scorer Cockrill, but four minutes later Francis pulled up after a run down the wing and was replaced by Matty Potter.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Just after the hour, Toby Ajola fired the visitors' best chance over the bar, before Adam Smith put the game to bed on 75 minutes. He worked a short corner with Holt and strode into the area before firing low, left-footed beyond Horton who should have done better.
t Lowestoft Town: Reynolds; Plaskett, Smith, Halliday, Darren Cockrill; Holt, Dale Cockrill (Fisk 51), Bussens, Francis (Potter 55); McGee (Poppy 80), Bloomfield. Subs: Nolan, Cutajar
t Harlow: Horton; Samuel, Oholi (Abrahams 80), Green, Walker, Simpson, Dobson, Whitbread, Edwards, Espinozu, Ajola. Subs: Green, Pike, Kitteridge.
t Attendance: 610.
t Referee: Shon Meale