Lowestoft Town continue perfect start
Lowestoft Town 5, Concord Rangers 0: Lowestoft Town continued their perfect start to life in the Ryman League last night when they thrashed Concord Rangers in their first home game.
Lowestoft Town 5,
Concord Rangers 0
Lowestoft Town continued their perfect start to life in the Ryman League last night when they thrashed Concord Rangers in their first home game.
There was little indication of the rout that was to follow in an even opening half-hour, with Danny Heale forcing a save from Lowetoft keeper Andy Reynolds, and Town's Greg Crane seeing a header drop onto the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
But the Blues moved ahead on the half-hour as Andrew Fisk and Jamie Godbold combined to put Richard Woodrow through to shoot past Concorde keeper Jack Buckfield.
Godbold dived to head the second goal in the 43rd minute after Reece Hunn had retrieved the ball, to allow a bumper crowd of 690 to enjoy their half-time break.
- 1 Farke on City set up changes
- 2 PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- 3 Getting nasty and dressing room barnies - City old boy's relegation advice
- 4 Six things you may have missed from City's disheartening defeat to Watford
- 5 Farke opens up on the impact of booing City players
- 6 'I hate losing' - Normann's City debut left a nasty taste
- 7 What does Farke do now to kickstart City?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Watford defeat
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: It is not City fans who need to believe
- 10 Sargent hopeful Pukki partnership can bear fruit for Canaries
Former FA Vase adversaries Concord came back strongly after the interval and Lowestoft had to weather some early second-half pressure before taking total control of the game.
On the hour Crane powered in a header from Godbold's corner for the third goal.
In the 81st minute Adam Smith curled in a direct free-kick for the fourth and Lowestoft went nap in the final minute when Damian Hilton pulled the ball back for Godbold to rifle home.
Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Hunn. Substitutes: Bussens, Hilton, Poppy, Potter, Cockrill.
Concord: Buckfield, Easterford, S Taylor, Cowley, Wignall, Skelton, Begg, Carlile, L Taylor, Heale, Hazleden, Substitutes: Sweeney, Watson, Lewis, Sinfield, Collins.