Lowestoft Town continue perfect start
Lowestoft Town 5, Concord Rangers 0: Lowestoft Town continued their perfect start to life in the Ryman League last night when they thrashed Concord Rangers in their first home game.
Lowestoft Town 5,
Concord Rangers 0
Lowestoft Town continued their perfect start to life in the Ryman League last night when they thrashed Concord Rangers in their first home game.
There was little indication of the rout that was to follow in an even opening half-hour, with Danny Heale forcing a save from Lowetoft keeper Andy Reynolds, and Town's Greg Crane seeing a header drop onto the roof of the net.
You may also want to watch:
But the Blues moved ahead on the half-hour as Andrew Fisk and Jamie Godbold combined to put Richard Woodrow through to shoot past Concorde keeper Jack Buckfield.
Godbold dived to head the second goal in the 43rd minute after Reece Hunn had retrieved the ball, to allow a bumper crowd of 690 to enjoy their half-time break.
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
Former FA Vase adversaries Concord came back strongly after the interval and Lowestoft had to weather some early second-half pressure before taking total control of the game.
On the hour Crane powered in a header from Godbold's corner for the third goal.
In the 81st minute Adam Smith curled in a direct free-kick for the fourth and Lowestoft went nap in the final minute when Damian Hilton pulled the ball back for Godbold to rifle home.
Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Hunn. Substitutes: Bussens, Hilton, Poppy, Potter, Cockrill.
Concord: Buckfield, Easterford, S Taylor, Cowley, Wignall, Skelton, Begg, Carlile, L Taylor, Heale, Hazleden, Substitutes: Sweeney, Watson, Lewis, Sinfield, Collins.