Lowestoft Town draw Sutton Coldfield
There was another pleasing home draw in today's FA Cup draw for Lowestoft Town.The Blues have been pitted with a Crown Meadow showdown against Zamaretto League Division One Midlands side Sutton Coldfield Town in an eagerly-awaited third qualifying round tie on Saturday, October 10.
THERE was another pleasing home draw in today's FA Cup draw for Lowestoft Town.
The Blues have been pitted with a Crown Meadow showdown against Zamaretto League Division One Midlands side Sutton Coldfield Town in an eagerly-awaited third qualifying round tie on Saturday, October 10.
Lowestoft, who are now just two more wins away from a lucrative place in the FA Cup first round proper and a possible showdown with sides in the Coca Cola League One or League Two, will face a side who play at the same level as themselves in a league that includes regular former opponents AFC Sudbury, Bury Town and Soham Town.
The town's top team were drawn out as the 17th tie of 40 to be played next month, and the Trawler Boys are likely to be delighted with another home encounter against a team who beat Ridgeons League side Needham Market 3-1 in the previous round.
You may also want to watch:
The draw was made at FA headquarters this afternoon (Monday) and The Blues - who beat former Football League side Boston 1-0 in front of 1100 fans at Crown Meadow on Saturday - will fancy their chances against a side who are mid-table in the respective league.
Lowestoft are currently top of the Ryman Division One North - step four of the pyramid - and having pocketed �4,500 in the previous round, The Blues will secure another �7,500 on top of this for victory in the third qualifying round.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Based in Sutton Coldfield, The Royals finished sixth in the Southern League last season. Their best FA Cup performances to date have been appearances in the first round proper in 1980-81 and 1992-93.
Elsewhere, Hinckley United - who beat Kirkley and Pakefield 2-1 on Saturday - travel to Cambridge City in the third qualifying round.