Lupoli in exit to Blades
David Cuffley Italian striker Arturo Lupoli's exit from Norwich City became the final piece of business conducted on a hectic transfer deadline day at Carrow Road.Lupoli's season-long loan from Fiorentina has been terminated early after the agreement of all parties, and he has now joined Sheffield United on loan for the rest of the season.
Italian striker Arturo Lupoli's exit from Norwich City became the final piece of business conducted on a hectic transfer deadline day at Carrow Road.
Lupoli's season-long loan from Fiorentina has been terminated early after the agreement of all parties, and he has now joined Sheffield United on loan for the rest of the season.
The 21-year-old forward signed for City in July and scored five times in 20 appearances, but has started just three first team games since mid-September.
You may also want to watch:
His departure rounded off a frenetic day of comings and goings, with Rangers midfielder Alan Gow and Fulham's Australian defender Adrian Leijer joining manager Bryan Gunn's previous loan captures, Celtic striker Chris Killen and Sheffield United winger David Carney, and Dartford striker Cody McDonald arriving for an undisclosed fee.
Leijer's deal was effectively a swap with defender Elliott Omozusi returning to Fulham, his season-long loan deal cancelled early.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Gunn told the club's official website Lupoli had become frustrated by his lack of first team football.
He said: “We wish Arturo all the best. He's been frustrated with the lack of chances he has had to start games and we had a chat last week and discussed the options which were suitable for him.
“He's been a hero among City fans, with the goals he has scored for us and when he ran up to them after his goal at Charlton. I know he's been frustrated with the lack of chances but after we signed Chris Killen and Alan Gow, he now feels further down the pecking order and we wish him well for the future.”
Lupoli began his career at Parma and has had previous spells in England with Arsenal and Derby. His current club, Fiorentina, loaned him to Serie B club Treviso before he joined Norwich as one of former boss Glenn Roeder's summer signings.
The Blades have confirmed that they have stepped in to take him on loan from Fiorentina.
Omozusi made 24 appearances for City but has not figured in the senior squad since Gunn took over from Roeder.