Hatters yet to concede in pre-season as they prepare for City clash
- Credit: PA
Luton Town concluded their pre-season campaign with a 3-0 win over Northampton Town as they prepare to face Norwich City in the Carabao Cup first round on Saturday.
Nathan Jones’ side are yet to concede a goal in four friendly fixtures as they ramp up their preparations for the new season.
Luton have played, and won, all four of their pre-season fixtures as they aim to sustain the momentum created by their great escape last season after Jones returned to the club following a brief spell with Stoke City.
James Collins was influential as the Hatters rounded off an unbeaten pre-season in emphatic style against the Cobblers.
The Irish striker profitted after former City keeper Steve Arnold cannoned his clearance into his own defender Cian Bolger - with Collins ensuring the ball definitively crossed the line.
You may also want to watch:
Kazenga LuaLua doubled their advantage as he utilised his pace to latch onto Ryan Tunnicliffe’s long pass before lofting his effort over Arnold and into the net.
Seasoned Championship operator Martin Craine added a third after he volleyed home from close-range to seal the victory for Luton.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Jones’ side have also recorded victories against non-league Wealdstone, Stevenage and Berkhamsted Town.
The Hatters are hoping to complete two deals prior to Saturday’s fixture - they’ve made just the one addition so far over the summer, Accrington Stanley midfielder Jordan Clark arriving on a free transfer.
The Canaries are set to be without 17 players for the game at Kenilworth Road due to a plethora of first-teamers being called up for international duty.
They include Tim Krul and Michael McGovern - with young goalkeeper Daniel Barden expected to be given his City debut.
Emi Buendia and Josip Drmic will also miss the encounter as they serve the second of their three-match suspensions following their respective red cards against Burnley whilst Sam Byram and Grant Hanley are ruled out through injury.
Jones has a much healthier array of options available to him, with Croatia goalkeeper Simon Sluga the only player to miss the game on international duty.