Magnificent battling by Belles
Hellesdon Belles 0, Costessey 1
Helleson Belles were up against it from the start with only seven players, but an outstanding team effort and a classy save from Cath kept it 0-0 at half time.
Belles knew Costessey would keep playing their passing game and five minutes into the second half there was a double blow as Costessey finally breached the Belles defence and Heather had to come off after pulling a calf muscle.
The Belles were down to six. They battled and chased every ball. Cath produced a series of majestic saves and Rae was denied by an excellent save and both Keri and Vicky had their efforts well saved.
Bel, Viv and Rae defended heroically while Vicky, Heather and Keri ran themselves into the ground.
You may also want to watch:
A superb team performance with Vicky Sherwood winning player of the match.
Final score 1-0 to Costessey.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit